Sunday, November 19, 2006

Grace Beyond Compare

Grace is defined as "the free and unmerited favor or beneficence of God". How very true that is! In spite of our daily failings, poor choices and mixed up priorities, He shows us favor freely when we come to Him.

Today, as our family is introduced as members in our church, I realize how wonderfully graceful our G*d is! The fact that myhusband is at my side in this is nothing short of miraculous and a shining example of His power to change a heart. As I look back at where we were, and where we are today I am in awe. For every material thing that we lost, we have been given, by grace, something eternal in it's place: in exchange for our high paying (all consuming) careers, He gave us trust in Him to provide, for our home and expensive vehicle, He gave us humility and opened our hearts to each other, for our pain, he gave us the comfort of relying on Him - and on one another as a family, for our crazy schedules and full agendas of 'important' meetings, he gave us time with our children and one another, for my arrogance and self-centered lifestyle, He gave me a husband who will share the gift of eternity with me and three teens who now walk in His light. It is true, He gives and He takes away. But, what He has to offer can never be bested by anything anyone else can offer!

I still catch myself holding on to things and putting work above Him, but I am so thankful to know beyond a doubt that when I can finally let those things go, His grace and mercy will flow in abundance! I praise G*d for His grace and mercy and goodness and for His eternal gifts that I do not earn, but am given freely by a Wonderful Father to a typical, stubborn child.

No comments: